Support of Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth County comes in many forms. Please consider one of the various donation options to help future generations secure safe and affordable housing.
Ways you can donate include:
- Employer Matching
- Monthly Donations
- Writing a Check
- Planned Giving
- Donating Goods and Materials
- Corporate Giving
- Donating Land
- Donating a Vehicle
For more information about our donation opportunities and how to support our mission financially, click on this link.
Habitat-related groups include:
- Collegiate Challenge, a Habitat International program that provides students with an alternative spring or fall break experience to a Habitat affiliate, where they provide volunteer labor as well as making a financial contribution to the affiliate’s building fund;
- the Young Professionals, who enjoy regular social engagements, volunteer assignments, and interactive fundraising opportunities;
- a college campus chapter from Wake Forest University that raises awareness for our mission, holds fundraisers and special events, takes part in builds, and serves as an on-campus hub for students interested in getting involved; and
- the Youth Ambassadors, who are high schoolers from around the county that join us in our efforts alongside fellow students.
The members of these groups serve as volunteer and fundraising resources for the affiliate, and the fundraising efforts of these groups are combined for the sponsorship of one Habitat house each year. To learn more about these groups, click this link.
Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth County works with a wide variety of businesses and organizations to coordinate specially-themed houses which involve multiple sponsors from our community. These projects provide unique opportunities for networking and relationship-building among like-minded groups and organizations. Some of these projects take place annually or on a biannual basis. These build themes include a Faith Build, an Affinity Group Build, Corporate Builds, the Women Build, Veterans Build, the Pope Francis House, and the Healing Build.
To learn more about our specific builds, follow this link.
Throughout the year, Habitat Forsyth hosts a range of events that members of the community can get involved in. One of these events is our Hammerbird 5K and One Mile Walk, which is held in our Neighborhood Revitalization community, allowing participants to become familiar with the area in which our affiliate works. Along the 5K course you can spot more than 90 homes that we have built or repaired since we were established in 1985.
To learn more about Hammerbird and our other annual events, follow this link.
Our houses are built and remodeled largely through volunteer labor, enabling Habitat homeowner families to obtain decent, quality housing at an affordable price. Volunteers also play a crucial role in staffing our ReStores, which sell donated items and are therefore providing revenue to support Habitat’s work. Both individuals and groups are able to offer their time in different ways and through various roles.
By clicking on this link, you can find specified information on the various volunteer opportunities we offer.
There are many ways to get involved with Habitat Forsyth! Take a look at the choices to the left and fill out the form below if you are interested in learning more about a certain outreach opportunity. We will contact you with information about your selection.