- This event has passed.
Hands-on Home Maintenance: Fall Training Blitz
- Have home maintenance issues you need to take care of sooner than later?
- Interested in learning new skills?
- Took a previous class, but need a refresher?
Register today for classes offered in October or November as part of our hands-on home maintenance: fall training blitz. Find these classes and other offerings on our Calendar of events.
- Proper Use of Household Tools: Names of tools, proper usage, and safety tips – Thurs, Oct. 3 at 6:00 PM.
- Plumbing: Leaky Connections: Sinks that drip, drip, drip, and toilets that seem to never stop running? Be proactive instead of reactive and find out what you can do to resolve the issues. Preventive measures and repair techniques – Thurs, Oct. 17 at 6:00 PM.
- Gardening Fundamentals: Learn basic fundamentals of gardening; how-to and DO!! This class will discuss the five steps of gardening – Sat, Oct. 19 at 9:00 AM.
- How to Patch & Repair Drywall: Learn tips and techniques that help repair your walls – Sat, Oct. 19 at 9:00 AM; Thurs, Nov. 7 at 6:00 PM.
- Caulking & Sealing Tips: Learn tips and techniques to use in your home repair/improvement projects – Sat, Oct. 19 at 10:30 AM; Thurs, Nov. 14 at 6:00 PM.
- Plumbing: Clogged Drains: Drain running really slow? Take this class to find out what you can do – Sat, Oct. 19 at11:00 AM.
- Replacing a Light Fixture: Learn how to detach and replace a light fixture, electrical safety tips, and more! – Thurs, Oct. 24 at 6:00 PM.
- Weatherization: Identify basic home maintenance issues related to weatherization and learn steps to repair and/or resolve energy efficiency issues – Thurs, Nov. 7 at 6:00 PM.
- Cleaning & Maintaining Rain Gutters (and Your Home’s Exterior): – Learn how to clean rain gutters and helpful maintenance tips, also how to safely power wash your home using a water wand – Sat, Nov. 16 at 9:00 AM.
Registration: Required. Limited to 10 people per class. Register online or call 765-8854 ext. 135. Registration form
Notes: The fee of $10 per class is to help cover class materials and can be paid in advance or just prior to the class start. We will accept cash, check, credit card or money order.